Since non-tax residents of Canada do not have a Social Insurance Number (Social Insurance Number) provided by the tax bureau, they cannot file taxes normally. Even if they live in Canada for some reason, they cannot apply for any Canadian benefits. or tax refund.
Canadian Individual Tax Number (ITN) is a non-tax resident of Canada (including non-Canadian citizens, foreigners who are not permanent residents of Canada and foreign workers in Canada), and is declared in Canada with A unique number that is required for tax-related work matters.
So for most non-tax residents in Canada, under certain circumstances, they must actively apply for a Canadian Individual Tax Number (ITN) in order to process their tax returns:
- Report Canadian personal tax
- Apply to the Canada Revenue Agency for Canadian and domestic tax benefits: such as sales tax refund or rent and property tax refund benefits
- Selling your real estate in Canada
How to apply for a Canadian personal tax ID
1. The customer carefully fills in the personal tax number application form as required, which includes: name, address outside Canada, birthday, phone number;
2. The customer provides relevant personal identity information, including a copy of the photo page of the passport or a copy of the driver's license;
3. We process the Canadian tax filing number application based on the information and materials provided by the customer and after confirmation with the customer;
4. After completing the application form and document certification, submit it by mail to complete the declaration of Canadian individual tax filing number;
Wang Ke, a certified public accountant, will sign the certification and submit it by express forwarding together with the application form. The processing time required is about eight to ten weeks, and the applicant will be notified of the individual tax return (ITN) number in the form of a letter. However, overseas applicants will be notified for a longer period of time, usually about twelve to fifteen weeks.
For non-Canadian residents who need to file Canadian taxes or have real estate investments in Canada, we strongly recommend that they apply for a Canadian Tax Number (ITN) as early as possible in order to avoid late filing penalties or late filing penalties when filing Canadian taxes. When selling an investment property, the transaction is delayed because you don’t have a Canadian tax return number.
After receiving the application, the Canada Revenue Agency will generally inform the applicant of the individual tax return number (ITN) in a letter in about six weeks. However, overseas applicants will be notified for a longer period of time, usually about twelve to fifteen weeks.
Advantages of applying for a Canadian tax filing number through us
1. Quickly: Canadian Certified Public Accountant Wang Ke is an officially certified practicing accountant in Canada. She has been practicing in Toronto for nearly 20 years. She provides services to clients. The Canadian tax number is reviewed and signed and then submitted by express forwarding. The application is highly accurate and the application speed is faster, saving customers a lot of time and energy.
2. Convenient inquiry: 24/7 WeChat inquiry. We are open 7 days a week and answer calls at any time. Provide customers with the most professional Canadian personal tax number application services, directly ensuring the highest quality of customer service.